Student Grievance Redressal Committee
The students are the main stakeholder of the University. Student growth and development are the top priorities of the university. If a student has any grievance, it is taken up seriously by the concerned authorities. The university has evolved an elaborate system of grievance redressal for the students.
As per the University Grants Commission (Grievance Redressal) Regulations, 2012, vide Notification No. F.No.144/2012(CPPII), (The Gazette of India, March 23-29, 2013), a Grievance Redressal Committee has been constituted for Maganbhai Adenwala Mahagujarat University with the objective of preventing unfair practices and to provide a mechanism to students, parents and others for redressal of their grievances. The Grievance Redressal Committee will have a term of two years i.e. from 15 day of January 2023 – 14 January 2025.
The Committee comprises of the following members:
|Prof. Arpita Vaidya
|Vice Principal DPCN
|Dr Dhaval Dholakia
|Dr Nimesh Ka Patel
|Shri Sachi Christian
|Medical – DPCN
|Shri Mansi Patel
|Gynec – DPCN
|Shri Komalben Desai
|Dr. Indira Venu
University Grievance Redressal Committee (UGRC)
University Grievance Redressal Committee (UGRC) has been framed by the Vice-Chancellor of the MAM University consisting of seven members.
The Constitution of UGRC
- A Senior Professor of the University – Chairperson
- Chairman, Student Welfare or its equivalent – Member
- Two Deans from the Constituent institutes
- The Registrar – Member
- The Controller of Examination – Member Secretary
- Faculty members teaching and non – teaching
Mechanism of UGRC
The UGRC shall work related to academic and non-academic matters, such as assessment, victimization, attendance, charging of fees, conducting of examinations, harassment by colleague students or teachers etc.
- The Chairperson and members of the Committee shall have a term of two
- The Quorum for the meeting shall be three, including
- The UGRC shall follow the principle of normal justice while deciding the grievance of the students &
- The UGRC shall send the report and the recommendations to the Vice Chancellor or Registrar of the MAM University within a period of 15 days of receiving the
- Complaints or the matter grievances should be submitted to the chair person or member secretary of UGRC in written mode with required documents.
- The UGRC shall process the matter within 15 days and after carefully looking into the matter, the decision shall be taken and informed the applicant.
Grievances includes the following complaints of the aggrieved students
- Making admission contrary to merit determined in accordance with the declared admission policy of the
- Irregularity in the admission process adopted by the institution
- Refusing admission in accordance with the declared admission policy of the
- Non Publication of prospectus, (either hard copy / online) as specified in these
- Publishing any information in the prospectus, which is false or misleading, and not based on
- Withhold or refuse to return any document in the form of certificates of degree, diploma or any other award or other document deposited with it by a student for the purpose of seeking admission in such institution, with a view to induce or compel such student to pay any fee or fees in respect of any course or program of study which such student does not intend to pursue.
- Demand of money in excess of that specified in the declared admission policy to be charged by such
- Breach in reservation policy in admission as may be
- Nonpayment or delay in payment of scholarships to any student that such institution is committed, under the conditions imposed by University Grants Commission, or by any other
- Delay in conduct of examination or declaration of results beyond the specified schedule in the academic
- On provision of student amenities as may have been promised or required to be provided by the
- Non transparent or unfair evaluation
- Refund of fees, in case a student withdraws the admission within the stipulated time as mentioned in the prospectus, as notified by the UGC from time to time.