On completion of the Certificate Course In X-Ray Technician course students will be able to:
- Can perform X-rays of all parts precisely.
- Is able to develop film.
- Can administer contrast & is able to handle adverse reactions to it.
- Is well aware of Radiation Hazards & protection measures.
- Can read basics of various X-rays.
- Verifying patients’ identity and reviewing physicians’ orders before beginning x-ray procedures.
- Using x-ray equipment to take radiographic images of patients’ bones, tissues, and organs as per physicians’ written orders.
- Explaining x-ray procedures to patients and answering their questions.
- Positioning patients accordingly, this may include lifting and moving patients with limited mobility.
- Limiting patients’ exposure to radiation by placing lead shields on patients where needed.
- Ensuring that the x-rays taken care of sound quality to prevent repeat procedures.
- Working closely with the resident Radiologist to determine whether further tests are required.
- Ensuring that the x-ray equipment is regularly serviced and in good working order.
- Promptly notifying management of damaged or malfunctioning x-ray equipment.
- Maintaining an accurate record of completed x-ray procedures.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR THE COURSE
Goal 1: Graduate clinically competent radiographers.
- Students demonstrate quality positioning skills.
- Students demonstrate quality technical skills.
- Students apply appropriate radiation safety practices.
Goal 2: Students demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Students demonstrate good written medical communication skills.
- Students use effective communication to provide quality patient care.
Goal 3: Students successfully apply critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Students demonstrate the ability to adjust technical factors for non routine situations.
- Students demonstrate the ability to adjust positioning for non routine situations.
Goal 4: Students understand and practice professionalism.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of professionalism.
- Students adapt to human diversity.
Goal 5: Program is effective at graduating entry level technologists.
- Students graduate from program.
- Graduates attain ARRT radiography certification.
- Graduates seeking radiography employment are employed.
- Employers indicate they would employ another program graduate.
Alumni indicate they were adequately prepared to perform all of the required job tasks.
Certificate Course in X-Ray Technician is to educate health care providers to become caring, sensitive X-Ray Technician who value lifelong learning and who practice safely and responsibly with knowledge, integrity, and respect for human dignity.